Thursday, March 5, 2009

Christian Louboutin Pigalle 120mm Pumps


I use to think I had a shoe problem. I use to believe a woman shouldn't have such an extensive collection of heels. But, after watching, "Sex and the City: The Movie," I finally came to a conclusion that a woman really cannot have too many shoes. Especially, when they make beautiful closets for them like the one Mr. Big has made for Carrie.

Mariah Carey's closet

Sorry, Men. Mr. Big set the standard.

Although there aren't very many Louboutins I don't love, the Pigalle 120s in Patent Black ($585) are definitely my favorite.

I now understand the meaning of a, "Shoegasm." With a 120mm (approximately 5 inches) heel, these sky-high stillettos will make a woman feel on top of the world (that is, with a little practice walking in them first).

The Pigalle 120 is not a stranger to the red carpet. Actresses such as Kate Beckingsale, Charlize Theron, Ashley Olsen and (especially) Gwen Stefani love these shoes. Not only do the extremely high heels elongate your legs and create a sexy arch of your foot, the high heels make the infamous red soles much more visible from the back.


Why red?

"It's a green light for men." -Christian Louboutin

When I Brian and I planned a trip to New York, I made a decision to come back with a pair of Louboutin's. They would be the item I would be proud to say, "I got them in New York," when returning home from our vacation.

Can you believe the shoes were sold out from both boutiques in Manhattan? (I ended up buying a different pair, but we'll discuss those another time.) Because of their unavailability, I wanted the shoes even more. I called the Beverly Hills store and put my name on the waiting list and would spend hours during the day looking them up on the internet to see who was wearing them.

You can say the stars aligned when I came across a pair on craigslist in my size! It was too good to be true.

"Black Patent Pigalles 120, size 36.5"

I knew I was a 37 in Louboutins, but decided to contact the seller to investigate a little more. It was meant to be. We met at the nearby Neiman Marcus (where they purchased them a year prior) for me to try them on. Neiman Marcus is an amazing department store and re-printed out a receipt of the shoes to ensure their authenticity for me. Because of the high heel, the smaller size fit perfectly. The shoes had only been worn once (or so they say) and were being sold for almost half the price. It was perfect match.

To this day, the Beverly Hills Louboutin boutique has not called about the Pigalles I had been put on the waiting list for. But it's okay; they found me first.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I came across your blog by googeling 'closet', but I love your style! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sexy and Classy Christian Louboutin Pigalle 120mm Nude toned point-toe patent leather pumps Simply chic, this shiny patent leather design has soft, curving contours.

    Christian Louboutin Pigalle Multicolor Glittered Pointed-Toe Pump
    A perfectly simple, perfectly lovely pump in gleaming patent leather with a graceful pointed toe.
    Christian Louboutin pigalle plato 120 patent leather platform pumps on sale Patent black pump with a pointed toe from Christian Louboutin.

    2011 Christian Louboutin shoes outlet ,free shipping to wordwidt within 6-12 days!

    ReplyDelete