Thursday, March 12, 2009

Damier Canvas Ribera

Louis Vuitton
13.5"x 8"x 7.5"
$1,210.00

Your first designer bag is always a big decision. (You're first designer anything, for that matter.) So please take your time on making a fabulous choice.

We all know the most classic and timeless bag you can get is a monogram LV speedy (25, 30 or 35). Throughout the years, women of all types have been carrying this bag. I personally love the Speedy 25, but I am also one who likes to be a little different from the masses, while maintaining the classic look.


First of all, The Damier pattern was actually the first pattern Louis Vuitton came out with. The creation of brown and beige was created in 1888 and is still as modern as ever. Its geometric pattern and understated elegance have made its timeless. Relaunched in 1996 with a complete collection of bags and small leather goods for city and travel use, Damier canvas leads itself equally well to sophisticated, feminine designs as to casual, unisex styles. Ten years later, in 2006, the Damier canvas was released in a new color, Azur. This was intended to be a little more feminine and in 2008, a more masculine color was created; Graphite.


When I saw the Damier Canvas Ribera MM, I immediately fell in love. The shape, color and size was exactly what I wanted and was something I could imagine myself (or my future daughter) using in the decades to come.


Unlike the Speedy, the shape of the Ribera is very structured. It keeps its shape no matter how much (little or a lot) you put in there. And because of the size, you can fit a good amount of stuff. When I go to the airport, I able to fit my wallet, lotion, all my cosmetics, cell phone, camera, a novel, a water bottle and a small sweater in my Ribera.

And don't you hate it when you can't find things in your purse? My boyfriend hates that. He always likes to throw his keys in my purse when we go out and I always take forever looking for them when we get back to the car. We've decided, now, that if he puts them in there, he must be the one to take them out. Well, the full double-zipper on the Ribera allows easy access to the large inside compartment and two pockets, making it ideal for busy lifestyles.

Finally, I cannot express how timeless the Classic Damier Canvas is. Not only in style (for it has been around for over 20 years), but also in condition. Most of the Louis Vuitton bags have the nice tan, natural leather color handles. I understand the leather will change color due to the natural aging, but I don't really love how the oils from your hands discolor the leather even more. With the Ribera in Damier, the handles are a dark brown color which makes it difficult to see any aging of the leather or and dirt from your hands. Therefore, in those decades to come, my Ribera will still look like (or at least close to) how I bought it.

If the Ribera MM seems a little big for your liking, there is also the Damier Canvas Ribera Mini ($995.00). With all the same features, it is sized at 9.5"x 5.5"x 5".

No comments:

Post a Comment